Sunday, May 27, 2012

¡Adios España!

Well the Spain portion of our trip has come and gone. Jonathan and I arrived in Florence around 4 today for our week in Italy and, within an hour or two had already managed to eat lasagna, tortellini, tiramisu and 2 scoops of gelato. lol Spain started off interestingly when the guys at the passport check found something unknown in my passport they had apparently never seen which we decided took some major talent. We had some "jogging tours" of Madrid, Segovia, Sevilla, Grenada, Toledo, Valencia and Barcelona, but luckily had time in most places to wander off and see some things a little bit closer and longer as well. Jonathan and I often entertained ourselves by imitating/mocking some of our more annoying tour guides. Mostly it was references to our first local guide who would cut herself off in the middle of an explanation or story to tell us to look at something or another. lol Saw a lot of cool things and places, but have also seen plenty of things that we didn't have time to fully explore that I've put on my list of things to see when I find myself in Spain again sometime. I know there are a lot of funny stories from our tour, buuuut....I can't remember what they are right now. lol Anyway, like I said, the Italy branch of our trip starts today so I'm sure there will be plenty more. Today we even stumbled across the end of the Florence Gelato Festival during our wanderings after dinner! I'll try to do better about posting during this part of the trip, especially since we're making our own schedule now, but obviously with the unknown nature of our internet I can't make any promises beyond Florence.

Arrivederci,

Julianna

No comments:

Post a Comment